Since the beginning of May 2020, Ford Philippines has opened a number of its Ford dealerships in areas and locations already on general community quarantine (GCQ). In doing so, the company assures the public that its absolute priority is to ensure a safe and sanitary environment for all Ford customers and dealership employees.
According to the company, all Ford dealerships that opened from May 1 to 4 are operating on normal business hours. These dealerships now have access to enhanced tools, as well as implement new processes and policies to mitigate potential risks and provide peace of mind to anyone visiting a Ford dealership.
*Operating on limited capacity
To further put your mind at ease, the dealers are progressively rolling out the following measures for everyone’s safety:
- Anyone entering a Ford dealership, including all dealer employees, contractors, and customers, will have their temperature checked with a no-touch infrared thermometer.
- The dealership layout/floor plan, including customer waiting areas, will be re-organized to ensure appropriate social distancing.
- All Ford dealer personnel are required to wear face masks and gloves at all times; with a hazardous waste container on site for disposal of all masks, gloves and other potentially contaminated items.
- Social distancing rules will be enforced in all customer interactions, and shaking hands will not be allowed.
- All Ford dealerships will be thoroughly disinfected three times each day.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be available across the dealerships, particularly in high visibility and high traffic areas.
- If an employee is experiencing any flu-like symptoms, he or she will be asked to promptly seek medical advice and return only when/if free of symptoms.
On top of those, Ford dealerships will also be implementing the following sales and service initiatives:
All vehicles will be meticulously sanitized after any service visit. Dealers will use the recommended cleaning products and procedures to ensure that vehicles are clean and safe when returned to customers.
Remote Sales Support
Remote sales support with a Ford sales professional will give customers a first-hand shopping experience without them having to leave home.
Ford dealers will continue working with finance lenders to extend credit terms and defer some monthly payments. Approvals of extensions or deferral support will be at the finance partner’s discretion.
All Ford customers whose warranty coverage has expired during the quarantine period are advised to visit their respective Ford dealers to resolve their concerns related to expired warranties.
“While opening our Ford dealerships to provide in-person service is a welcome move forward, our aim is to work very closely with each of our dealers to ensure we are providing the safest and sanitary environment possible,” shared PK Umashankar, managing director of Ford Philippines.
Customers who want to know more about Ford’s vehicles can access various online platforms like their official website and Facebook page as well as hotline numbers of dealerships nationwide.