With recent events, families and friends have been prevented from getting together and spending time with each other. It’s just a good thing that technology has been making it possible to at least communicate and keep in touch with our loved ones.
To further enable people to stay connected easily and efficiently, Messenger is now a standalone app for Windows and MacOS. It’s basically like Messenger on a web browser but the dedicated app is more designed to maximize the things you can do while you chat or do group video calls with other people.
Here are some of the highlights of Messenger Desktop:
- Group video calls on a larger screen – Stay in touch with family and friends, join a workout, or host a virtual happy hour.
- Easy to connect – You don’t need to know someone’s email or phone number since all your Facebook friends have Messenger.
- Multitasking – Your chats are easily accessible, and you can pop in and out of the app while doing other things on your computer.
- Notifications – You can receive notifications for new messages, so you can quickly find the chat you’re looking for. But you’re in control — you can choose to mute and snooze notifications.
- Chats sync across mobile and desktop – You’ll never miss a call or message no matter what device you’re using.
- Everything you love about Messenger on a bigger screen – Including Dark Mode and GIFs.